Can IPhone help me find my car?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by petalino, Dec 18, 2010.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I have a unique problem. Maybe not so unique for other New Yorkers, who have to park their cars on streets, each time at another spot.

I keep on forgetting where I parked the darn thing. Its really embarassing sometimes, but its true.

Is there an Iphone app that would remember the location of my car by geotagging the spot where I park it? Would the built in camera not be able to attach a GPS location to a photo I would take when I park it?

NEED HELP

Thanks

2. ustraveler macrumors newbie

I use TomTom. Every time I take a picture is a specific location, it keeps a log of where the photo is taken. So in your case, you will just have to take a photo and TomTom will help find your way

3. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

4. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

5. icewing macrumors 6502

You can also use the Maps app - go into the app, click the button on the bottom left to show your current location. Then click the post-it note at the bottom right, and tap the "Drop Pin" button. Dropped Pin will show up in your bookmarks.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

This is what I'd do.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you allow it, GPS information is automatically tagged into photos and they are displayed as pins on the map.

8. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

9. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

10. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Wirelessly posted (Treo: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I second the maps app. You already have it!

11. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Check out Primospot. It should tag where you parked, and gives you the street regulations.

12. applefrenzy macrumors newbie

I use GoThere

I use GoThere. For $0.99 let's you save/return to any number of locations. Handy for parked car, the hotel you might be staying at, campsite, etc.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gothere/id347095509

In the image below the red pin is the saved location, the green pin is your current location and the two pins with a grey line between them shows you directions between the two:

[​IMG]