can iPhoto Photo Stitch?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rudini, Dec 26, 2007.

1. rudini macrumors member

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the Macs, but i was just wondering if iPhoto '08 can do Photo Stitching?

Thanks!!!
    rudy

2. zebostoneleigh macrumors newbie

I haven't upgraded yet, so I don't know if '08 does it, but I've had great success with Canon's Photostitch (which - sadly - is only available with the purchase of a camera). Or, you might try something from here. Good luck.

3. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

4. jwt macrumors 6502

iPhoto, unfortunately cannot stitch together a panorama; and those programs all suck. They especially suck if you have a crap camera with big barrel distortion and vignetting. Photoshop CS3 is awesome and perfect. Try the trial version from Adobe and compare that to the stuff on that versiontracker list and you might find it worth the money to buy Photoshop CS3.

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

Yes, I absolutely think that if all I needed to do was stitch together some photos, the $620 price tag for PhotoShop CS3 would be worth it.

What planet are you on? A free, or i don't know.... affordable solution, even one that doesn't do the job as well as Photoshop is the way to go on this one.

6. rudini thread starter macrumors member

I actually have a Canon point&click SD1000 and it does come with the photostitching app....i just had no idea it was mac compatible! I haven't looked at the software since i purchased my iMac (month old!).

Hmmm...thanks guys. I like the Canon program well enough! I just thought iPhoto had it built in...

thanks again!
    rudy :)