Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Dumb question I guess, it does video recording but can it take actual stills?

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
thanks for the reply but where does it say it takes pics? Im thinking of getting one until iPhone goes verizon and I cant find where it says that...how good quality are the pics, could you take one with it?

ghostshadow

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Indianapolis
Most definitely takes photos. With the right lighting and in my opinion right apps, it can take some pretty decent photos.

In all honesty everyone's mileage varies when taking stills, mine are usually pretty decent surprisingly. The thread liked to above does show some pretty good results.

eddy2099

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
Yes, it does take still pictures. However, the quality is nowhere near that of a point and shoot digital camera.

Basically, the camera is limited to 0.7mp, is a fixed focus length, comes with digital zoom and does not come with a flash. Basically, the pictures are good in a well-lit environment but does get grainy when you do not have sufficient lighting. You would however not get the depth of field as with a normal camera.

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
A camera in most cell phones and the iPod Touch will never be a replacement for any dedicated digital camers. If you plan to only share your photos online or on YouTube, the still camera is OK. If you want to make prints from your photos, then get a digital camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.