Can iPod touch take pictures?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XboxEvolved, Nov 7, 2010.

1. XboxEvolved macrumors regular

Dumb question I guess, it does video recording but can it take actual stills?

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Yes, the 4th gen iPod touch can record vidyas and take pictures

3. XboxEvolved thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply but where does it say it takes pics? Im thinking of getting one until iPhone goes verizon and I cant find where it says that...how good quality are the pics, could you take one with it?

4. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

5. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

6. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

Most definitely takes photos. With the right lighting and in my opinion right apps, it can take some pretty decent photos.

In all honesty everyone's mileage varies when taking stills, mine are usually pretty decent surprisingly. The thread liked to above does show some pretty good results.

7. eddy2099 macrumors member

Yes, it does take still pictures. However, the quality is nowhere near that of a point and shoot digital camera.

Basically, the camera is limited to 0.7mp, is a fixed focus length, comes with digital zoom and does not come with a flash. Basically, the pictures are good in a well-lit environment but does get grainy when you do not have sufficient lighting. You would however not get the depth of field as with a normal camera.

8. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

9. Panther71 macrumors regular

A camera in most cell phones and the iPod Touch will never be a replacement for any dedicated digital camers. If you plan to only share your photos online or on YouTube, the still camera is OK. If you want to make prints from your photos, then get a digital camera.