Can iTunes be set up so it doesn't pull the files to the Macbook that running it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Check Marc, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Check Marc macrumors newbie

I have a lot of music my son wants to access it but he is limited to how much space he has on his hard drive. Does iTunes have to load the files from my computer to his. I also have a lot of flac files can the current iTunes play them without having to convert them. I set up the old iTunes using fluke and it worked great.

Marc

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

iTunes > Preferences > Advanced

[​IMG]

iTunes is still unable to play FLAC files without a plug-in or a prior transcoding to an iTunes compatible format.

3. Check Marc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks as you can tell I'm not a Mac user for that matter I run Windows grudgingly and use as little or their software, bundled or not as I can.

Marc

4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Either use a utility like Fluke, as you say, or an application like Max to convert from FLAC to Apple Lossless, which iTunes of course can then play natively. Depends on why you've got the FLACs in the first place as to whether you want to keep them.

If you do use Max to convert, the process should not lose any quality and should preserve any tags in the files.