Can iTunes be simple again?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FrankieTDouglas, Mar 19, 2013.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2005
    Can the new iTunes just be... simple, again? I keep it in Songs view, but when I type in a particular thing, I'd prefer it keep my choices in Song view (aka, boring text view) rather than take me to the disorganized and chaotic "other" views. I don't care for album art, I just want the title of the song to play. It's confusing, and I'm honestly rarely using iTunes now because I don't feel like having to relearn how to navigate something that wasn't broken before. If I want to hear all the versions of "Hallelujah," I used to just type the song out until the iTunes library disappeared to only those selections. Now, I select from a marginal list of results, click on one (double click, not single click), but it doesn't resort my song selections. Repeat this step every time I want to change to a different version (do a new search each time, because that list doesn't seem to store). I feel like I'm browsing music on an iPhone rather than a much more comprehensive and accessible computer.
  2. AnorexicPig, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. justperry macrumors G3

Aug 10, 2007
    In the core of a black hole.
    This is what this forum is for, if he has issues with it, he has the right to complain about it, and I am pretty sure he's not the only one, plenty of complaints.
    I for one wish iTunes isn't so bloated do it all App, just give me a music player like it used to be, and OK, maybe even a video player but what is it now, App store, music and video store, iPhone sync, books, internet radio and so on....
  4. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2012
    Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
    My apologies, just had a bad day, and lol the first thread I opened was this and ended up writing junk.
  5. SingularityG macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2012
    I personally enjoy the all-in-one approach of iTunes 11 very much. I don't have to launch another App to browse the App Store or to look new releases, which is always a plus.:)