Can Ive deprogram the UI/UX designers?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rogifan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I hope so. But I can see where those loyal to Steve/Scott's vision might resist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/t...-world-images-in-software.html?pagewanted=all

2. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I'm surprised this garnered no response. I find it pretty interesting that a current employee has already said that the next iOS(iOS 7) will have Ive's influence.

3. zbarvian macrumors 68010

This seems obvious. It's not saying iOS 7 will feature a complete overhaul, but his influence was expected.

4. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Some people weren't expecting it, and either way there is a difference between expectation and confirmation.

5. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I think what's most alarming about this article is the fact that Ive supposedly never sat in on the visual design meetings. Yikes.

6. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

I think people need to remember that Ive isn't just going to rip the UI out of the hands of existing developers and do it all by himself. As the executive in charge of UX, he'll set the tone for where IOS7+ needs to go, but I doubt he's going to be dictating exactly what goes where without any input from people who know what they're doing in that area.

I'm personally excited to see what comes out of this. Given Ive's tendencies towards clean, minimalist, industrial design in hardware (which I love in all facets of life), the translation to software should be beautiful.

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Well he was hardly going to sit in on these meetings when Forstall was running the show. I'm sure he's in meetings up to his wazoo now. :)

8. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I'm just a little apprehensive of how well he'll be able to oversee software design if he hasn't even been to a meeting. Not to mention, he isn't really a software designer.

9. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Credibility comes with the job title. If the engineers don't do what Ive wants they'll be looking for a new job.