iPod touch Can jailbreak make ios7 visuals more like ios6?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LeandrodaFL, Aug 8, 2014.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Hello all. I happen to be one of the few users who dislike the current visuals of ios7. Nevertheless, Im thinking about purchasing an ipod touch (red version).

I never studied jailbreaking, have no idea what the benefits are and how much it has evolved. Nevertheless, I would defenetly be interested in changing the visuals of ios7 to something closer to my taste.

Is it possbile to make ios7 look more like ios6 in terms of visuals? Or even better?

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Sort of, but not really. There are themes that can change things like the icons, and lock screen. But as a whole theme, not really. There were so many changes in the way the iOS GUI is rendered now that it isn't so easy to make a complete theme for it. Or any complete theme. It can't be themed quite like earlier versions of iOS could. Once upon a time we could use complete skins throughout the whole OS and system apps. Not so much now.

So yes for things like the icons and lock screen slider. But the apps will look the same.

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ask the apple store for an iPod on ios 6... they have plenty as the 5g is a horrible selling product.

----------

not true. you can edit files on apps to make them use the old UI, and also you can use classicapps to do this on stock apps as well..

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I used this tutorial to make my homescreen and lockscreen look more like iOS6.

----------

Can you elaborate on this classicapps? Is this a tweak? Is there a specific source where I can find this?
    Id kill to get the gloss back on my messages :D

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

messages cant be modified to look like ios 6. on;y settings and cydia and a few other apps. the repo is coolstar's beta repo.