Can loose LCD connector on logic board be fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sschablow, May 16, 2010.

1. sschablow macrumors newbie

My iPhone was dropped and the LCD went black. It will work FINE if I pinch the upper right corner of the phone. Apple genius says the LCD connector on the logic board (not on the ribbon) is loose and there is no Apple approved way to fix it. He wouldn't say if there is an unapproved way. Is it possible to make the connector NOT loose with super glue or solder? I can't afford a new phone and my fingers are turning purple from pinching my phone (not to mention the laughs I get from 'friends'). :eek:

Other than replacing the logic board or installing a C clamp on the phone, any ideas out there?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I dont suggest this at all usually but I have had two iPhones that the connectors wont stay plugged in. one was the #6 wifi and the other was the dock connector. I just put a dab of super glue on and they are still holding and it does not inter fear with the service. but I have never seen one that the connector on the board was loose.

3. sschablow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks chargit. The connector on the board does NOT look or feel loose. Connection is loose, but will function when reconnected. It just doesn't stay that way. I feel like even a small dab of super glue in the right place will hold it just fine. I know the Apple rep couldn't tell me that 'officially." I just wanted to hear if anyone else had attempted it. Moving forward. Will post results.

4. Spudinator macrumors newbie

The #1 connector on my phone is very loose.

Before attempting to solder or glue, I would put some extra padding behind the connector and reassemble the phone to see if that holds the connection in place.

Extra padding in the form of some sort of non conductive foam.

Just my 2 cents.