Can Macbook hande final cut pro x?

noodleyhead

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Sesame Street
I'm planning on getting Final Cut Pro X soon, but I was worried whether or not my macbook would be able to run it efficiently or not.
I have the 2.26 ghz Intel core 2 duo model with 2 gb of ram. The reason I'm worried is because even when I use iMovie, my macbook lags A LOT. Whenever I open iMovie, I can't seem to do anything else, or else it will lag even more. I am worried that with Final Cut, it will lag even more, and that won't work out well for me. Also, the battery seems to drain very, very quickly. I have to charge it at least 3 times a day, even if I haven't been using it all day. It is constantly lagging, and the fan is always on and very loud. I really don't think its going to be able to handle Final Cut, but what do you think?
Will my Macbook be able to handle it or is it time for an upgrade?

Last edited:

noodleyhead

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Sesame Street
Ok, I'm convinced that I need a new MacBook.
So I've heard that the new MacBook Pros are coming. What is new about them and when do you expect they will be coming out?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Ok, I'm convinced that I need a new MacBook.
So I've heard that the new MacBook Pros are coming. What is new about them and when do you expect they will be coming out?
There are a number of threads already addressing these questions
Use the search function and you will find a lot of opinions there

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
I would say upgrade some something else if you NEED it...but If you dont want to spend another $1200+, you should look into an SSD or more RAM