Can Macbook Pro be delivered to a hotel

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajaygrover, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ajaygrover macrumors newbie

Hi all, I really need information quick, I am tourist in New York city and I am living in a hotel and I have decided to buy Macbook Pro but I would like it to be delivered to a hotel room where I stay and I can pay by cash only. What is the best way to get the laptop ASAP?

2. fpar macrumors regular

The best thing to do is just go to the apple-store and buy one in person, you cant pay by cash on delivery purchases and they can only be delivered to the billing address to prevent fraud.

3. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

Why don't you buy it in the Apple Store instead?

4. ajaygrover thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops forgot to mention that I want to buy a refurbished model

5. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

6. fpar macrumors regular

the best thing to do is call the sales department and explain the situation, im sure they will be more than willing to help.

7. ajaygrover thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks fpar will do that right away

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You can possibly buy a pre-paid (visa / mastercard) credit card at the shopping mall and see if that will work online.

They do NOT do COD (cash on delivery).

9. RedWings macrumors regular

That is incorrect. I ordered my MBP yesterday and its being shipped to my office. My billing address is my home address.

10. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

+1 I had my uMB shipped to my office as well.

11. RedWings macrumors regular

I'm glad my office is fine with having personal deliveries come here. I'd be so pissed coming home all the time to Fedex/UPS stickers on the door.

12. travisjacques macrumors member

You could try calling apple and ask if they could ship it to a local apple store, perhaps the one on 5th avenue, i hear its open 24/7. And then you could maybe pick it up there.

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

A hotel is likely to 'lose' it, definitely NOT a good idea. Don't trust them with something worth that much money.

14. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I ordered mine just a couple of days ago and my billing address was my dorm address but I have it shipped to my house because I am home for the summer.....

15. fpar macrumors regular

My mistake, I have had a few purchases declined by my bank when the delivery address didn't match the billing address, I guess its just a few banks.

16. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I've bought my ACD 30" and iMac separately using my Dallas billing address, and had it shipped to my work address in Hong Kong with no problems.

17. ajaygrover thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your replies guys. I did order using gift cards I purchased from the 5th avenue store. My credit card was not accepted as it was not connected to a address in the USA. So, I had to buy gift cards. The telephone salesperson and the apple store employees were really helpful (just like the macrumors community :cool:) . The order is being sent to the office address of my friend. I went for the priority shipping option but I was warned that there might be delays. I hope my MBP arrives today.:)

PS: Forgot to mention Apple was running some specials and I got 100 $ off on my purchase...Apple is Awesome!!!

18. mdgolom macrumors 6502

Some vendors like Newegg are a pain about that. You have to call your credit card company and have you office address added as a valid address. If the company does an address verification when charging your card, either address would pass.