Can macrumors please post all tablet rumors on page 2 until there is some real news

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by fluidedge, Sep 15, 2009.

1. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

There are rumors and then there are rumors of rumors. To post on page one that rumors 'news' from some analyst who probably got his info from this place is not news or a credible rumor. it damages the rep of this site to keep whining on about the tablet with absolutely no hard evidence for it.

It's fast becoming the powerbook G5.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I disagree. I like them on the front page. It's not like it's a daily thing. The site is founded on rumors and though some aren't based on highly credible sources, they're still enjoyable by many of us. The front page isn't updated very often so it's not hard to avoid threads you don't like.

3. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

It's called MacRUMORS! Surely a rumour is a rumour?

I wish they'd stop posting non-Apple news (like the fact the Zune was released today) on page one.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

At various times MacRumors has been asked to avoid iPhone news, Apple TV news, tablet news, news about Apple's competitors, news of routine Apple product updates, and unsubstantiated rumors. The site has also been asked to post substantiated rumors sooner (not just before they come true), to avoid posting stories when a previous story dealt with the same topic, and to skip news that people could get from Apple press releases or stock reports.

It's not surprising that different people are interested in different subsets of Apple-related news and rumors. Those who are interested in every story that's published are no doubt in the minority.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's getting a little tiresome, but at least it's news about something other than iPods or iPhones! :D

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I'd rather have some shallow rumor than no rumor. I come here for rumors, not almost trues.