Can Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 be installed on more than one laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tcramer, Oct 18, 2008.

1. tcramer macrumors newbie

In our family we have 2 mac laptops is it possibly to install Microsoft Office 2008 on both of them, while buying only one copy of the software?
    Thanks
    tcramer

2. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

Yes you could, but remember that there is only one license, so I anti piracy police comes, there is the problem, you can but its not legal. :D

3. yoppie macrumors 6502a

If it's the Student and Teacher Edition, you are allowed to install Microsoft Office for Mac on up to 3 PCs in one household.

If it's the other edition, you're only supposed to install it on one PC. Can it work on more than one PC? I'm not sure though I think it can. The only way to find out is for you to try (I'm not condoning this).

OpenOffice and NeoOffice are both available for free. You can use the free Office suites until you scrape up enough coins to buy another license, if need be.

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

If you buy the Home and Student Edition of Office 2008 (which retails for $150, usually a bit cheaper on some place like Amazon), you can install it on up to 3 computers. Home and Student Edition has Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Entourage. It doesn't have support for Exchange servers, and it doesn't have built-in Automator actions. If you don't know what either of those are, or if you just don't care, then Home and Student is probably for you. :)

If you need Exchange support or if you really want those Automator actions, then you'll need to get either Standard Edition ($399) or Special Media Edition ($499, which also includes Microsoft Expression Studio). Standard and Special Media can only be installed on one computer.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. tcramer thread starter macrumors newbie