Can move songs & playlists from touch back to computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bnbhoha, Oct 2, 2009.

1. bnbhoha macrumors newbie

OKay, I have a 32gb ipod touch. I have lots and lots of songs. I want to create 2-3 playlists (foreign and English songs) and sift/delete through the songs that I don't care for. I was wondering once my "Job" is completed and I have the songs that I want, could I sync it back to my computer the way it is on the ipod touch including the songs playlists? I was wondering if I could move or delete my original music files on my computer and then simply transfer it from the touch including playlists. Any help is appreciated.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First of all, to transfer songs back to a computer from an ipod, you need third-party programs, iTunes wouldn't do that, and I have no idea if there are any programs that would transfer playlists back to a computer.

Second of all, you can't manually edit playlists on the Touch, you can only add/delete songs to playlists on iTunes.

However, when you rate a song, the ratings would sync back to iTunes, *if* the songs were synced to the Touch, not manually dragged into it. So, to do what you want, set up your Touch to sync music with your computer, then as you listen to the songs, rate them, then when you get back to your computer, you sync, then delete the low-ranked songs from your playlist, then sync again.

Or you can make Smart Playlists with various criteria, in this case ratings, and sync them to your Touch. Then, they will update as you listen to the songs and rate them. And the playlists would sync with your computer, as well as the ratings.