Can multiple Macs connect to the same ATV at the same time?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by MRrainer, Apr 19, 2014.

1. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I'm envisioning a scenario, where you have a meeting with several people (with MBPs etc.) and each one has some stuff to present on the LCD-projector.
    Instead of people trying to switch cables (or rather, transporting the laptop into the reach of the VGA-cable), I'm envisioning everybody just using Airplay to connect to an ATV connected to the projector.

I've never tried it, but I assume, that either the one who connects last "wins" or the one who is currently connected to the ATV needs to disconnect first.

I don't even own a TV, so I can't just try it out ;-)

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Currently, whatever connects last wins. But I do not think it was always this way.

A.

3. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

This has only happened once with me, but we had a scenario where my wife was trying to show someone something on the main TV, and she was searching YouTube on an iPad and using Airplay. She chose the wrong video clip so I pulled it up on my iPhone and airplayed it and it switched to my stream no problem.

But I only did it once, so I can't say I have repetitive experience doing it. But I remember it working perfectly for what we were trying to do :)

4. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502