Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boots-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Canada
Hello, I have an iMac g3 DV 400mhz. I recently purchased an airport card and adapter for it on ebay. I was wondering that when I get it will I be able to multitask, what I mean is something like listening to itunes, having a webcam chat with a friend and surfing the web at the same time?

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
You can do most of that, I think it will handle iTunes and email ok. However, you will not be able to use a web cam at all with that system. Minimum requirements for a webcam chat are more than twice the processing power than that system has and so it won't even be able to attempt the feat.

Boots-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Canada
You can do most of that, I think it will handle iTunes and email ok. However, you will not be able to use a web cam at all with that system. Minimum requirements for a webcam chat are more than twice the processing power than that system has and so it won't even be able to attempt the feat.

Oh the webcam point is a little dissappointing, I can take pictures with my webcam fine thats why I figured I could video chat. I knew I could listen to iTunes and surf the web at the same time but webcam chat isn't that much of a need. Thanks for the help tho. Now I don't have to go and get frusterated :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.