Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonaldLynd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
St. Pete/Tampa, FL
From what I have gathered, Aperture is pretty graphics hungry. So I was considering Aperture, but I dont want to beat up a already freezing imac. So can my comp handle it?

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I assume you have an aluminium imac? If so, it can easily handly aperture. But if it's freezing, you probably want to get it repaired first!

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I have four gigs of RAM on my Mac Pro, and even that isn't enough to run Aperture smoothly, in my experience. Sure, Aperture works fine, but when I export a large amount of photos from Aperture, I basically can't do anything else with the computer at all. It runs slow as molasses and that awful beachball starts turning for minutes upon minutes.

I'm slapping in four more RAM gigs as soon as I can afford it.

je1ani

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Why do people continue to make such posts? ie how will MS Word work on a 8-Core MP? I'd say anything above a G5 2.0 with 2GB would rip through aperture...

DonaldLynd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
St. Pete/Tampa, FL
Well, not sure if you are aware or not, but this is a forum for asking questions. I have talked to people who are running Aperture on there MBP, and are having slight slow down issues. With me being new to owning my own mac, I figured asking a site full of people with some decent experience with this OS, I would probably find a accurate answer. Really, I feel, why do people waste time making post bitching about other people makes posts. But Hey, I just did it.... Oh well. Thanks for the insight everyone else. I will probably DL the trial of Aperture soon.

je1ani

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Well, not sure if you are aware or not, but this is a forum for asking questions. I have talked to people who are running Aperture on there MBP, and are having slight slow down issues. With me being new to owning my own mac, I figured asking a site full of people with some decent experience with this OS, I would probably find a accurate answer. Really, I feel, why do people waste time making post bitching about other people makes posts. But Hey, I just did it.... Oh well. Thanks for the insight everyone else. I will probably DL the trial of Aperture soon.
Then that's a problem with their hardware not Aperture, and with a TAD use of the search function we would eliminate this nonsense..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.