Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Iphone 3GS- originally tethered jailbroken on 3.1.2 with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Recently, my friend was doing a boot load with redsn0w and it went well but as soon as the phone booted to the unlock screen, his computer said installing drivers for device and then the iphone 3GS went to a white screen and then cut off. It would not turn back on and his computer stopped recognizing the phone.:mad:

He brought it to me. I plugged it into my computer which recognized it as being in DFU mode so itunes came up and told me to restore the phone. I did shift+ restore and chose the 3.1.2 firmware. It gave the 3194 error shortly after. I tries editing my host file in the system 32 folder in order to restore but i still got the 3194 error after numerous attempts. So i just clicked restore and it restored it to the 4.1 firmware unfortunately. I then tried to jailbreak with greenpoison but it failed so i jailbroke with limera1n which worked. I install ultran0w only to find out that it wasn't able to unlock baseband 5.14.02:( .

My question: Since the phone originally had SSH on file with cydia for 3.1.2, is there a way for me to downgrade back to 3.1.2 and the old baseband so that i can be able to unlock with ultrasn0w:confused::confused:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You might need to kick it out of recovery with recboot or tinyumbrella after you get that error.
Make sure your hosts file is edited correctly or use tinyumbrella to download your shsh's and start TSS server to restore to 3.1.2 assuming you do have 3.1.2 shsh saved on cydia.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
You've lost your unlock for now. 3gs unlock should be out for 4.2.

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
You might need to kick it out of recovery with recboot or tinyumbrella after you get that error.
Make sure your hosts file is edited correctly or use tinyumbrella to download your shsh's and start TSS server to restore to 3.1.2 assuming you do have 3.1.2 shsh saved on cydia.

Was the 3.1.2 Shsh's erased when ios 4.1 was installed on the phone??

wireless-toyz09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
What? Erased from cydia's server, no. Blobs aren't stored on the phone...

OH! So sounds like i have a chance then :D! So do you have a link to a guide on how to get my 3.1.2 shsh's from cydia and the restore/downgrade to 3.1.2 guide?

PS: After this downgrade, i will be able to unlock again because the baseband will change back to the original one right??

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Oh so you installed 4.1 on it already?
Then you're sol for an unlock now.
All you can do is wait for a new future unlock.
You can JB and hactivate it now on 4.1 though. You cannot downgrade the baseband on it once its updated.
So sorry, no chance at all for an unlock now.

Was the 3.1.2 Shsh's erased when ios 4.1 was installed on the phone??

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
you can downgrade the fw itself but the baseband (where the unlock would work) will stay in the newer version from the fw of 4.1 and thus no unlock for now for you...

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
OH! So sounds like i have a chance then :D! So do you have a link to a guide on how to get my 3.1.2 shsh's from cydia and the restore/downgrade to 3.1.2 guide?

PS: After this downgrade, i will be able to unlock again because the baseband will change back to the original one right??

I'll point you back to post #3. No, you can not downgrade the baseband. If you restored to 4.1 then you BB is updated and you will have to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.