Can my MBA run Pirates and/or Rome games

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sniv, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Sniv macrumors member

Sniv

Hello

A friend of mine said that I should get "Rome: Total War" and "Sid Meier's Pirates". But can these games run on my MBA smoothly?

I have the standard MBA 13' with 256 GB.

(And right now I can see both games are on sale here)

2. nph macrumors 6502a

I just tried Rome on my rev B MBA and it runs fine so it should fly on this one...!
    :)

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Wow. Civ 5 for $12. That's nice. Too bad its Steam. I swore off Steam. I hate it with a passion. I don't want to connect anywhere to be able to play a game. Call me old fashioned.

4. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

Not old fashioned at all. Old fashioned would be buying PC games only if it's installed via CD :D

I hate steam too. When I saw Bioshock on Mac App Store, I bought it. Beats having to load the steam interface, connecting to the internet, updating cloud and then being able to play the game which would take 10 minutes in total.

Wish more games came to Mac App Store. 1 Click and it's game time.

5. BluePotato macrumors member

I don't know who's responsible for setting prices on the Mac App Store, but Rome: Total War for $29.99? That's a 7-year-old game, which was probably only $39 or $49 when released. How was I able to buy Red Dead Redemption for $20 only 4 months after release and we're seeing prices this high on archaic Mac games on the App Store?

I do want to own RTW from the Mac App Store, but not at that price. That's the same price as the Lion operating system!

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Then buy a PC. RTW is $9.99 in Steam IIRC, with sales dropping the price to $5 on occasion. The Mac version was just ported last year, which partially explains the higher price.

7. Sniv thread starter macrumors member

Sniv

Thanks for your replies, guys :) I've bought Pirates and I'll get Rome next time.