Can my preorder be cancelled?

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Ok so basically I sent a pic to a not so close friend with my order number and email in a snapshot to confirm I was getting it next Friday. How can I prevent it so that my order isn't cancelled. I don't trust anyone lol

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
What?
So you think he will call Apple and cancel your order?
Why would one do that and one would need to verify his identity and other info when calling in to cancel or make any changes to your order.
That is identity theft.
No but isn't it possible to just type in the order number and email on apples site and hit cancel preorder?

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
No but isn't it possible to just type in the order number and email on apples site and hit cancel preorder?
I think if you lookup an order with just the number and email it will prompt you to login for any modifications or call apple.

ramblapacifica

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2010
seattle
as long as the order is "processing" you cannot cancel. i accidentally ordered 2 iPhone X's last night (got an error and it said try again, so i did and nothing happened so i switched to apple pay and it went right through. now i see i have 2 unique orders, each are "processing" and it said i couldn't cancel but after they clear processing i can) hope this helps.

comedy of errors, the alarm i thought i set didn't so i woke up at 12:15 instead of 11:40 and rushed downstairs. missed launch day delivery got 11/17-11/24 instead for both. oh well, stuff happens

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure you need to login to cancel an order.
Anyway someone can confirm this with a screenshot that there's a verification aspect after clicking cancel? lol.
[doublepost=1509111042][/doublepost]
as long as the order is "processing" you cannot cancel. i accidentally ordered 2 iPhone X's last night (got an error and it said try again, so i did and nothing happened so i switched to apple pay and it went right through. now i see i have 2 unique orders, each are "processing" and it said i couldn't cancel but after they clear processing i can) hope this helps.

comedy of errors, the alarm i thought i set didn't so i woke up at 12:15 instead of 11:40 and rushed downstairs. missed launch day delivery got 11/17-11/24 instead for both. oh well, stuff happens
it says order in progress for me.. not in the processing stage anymore.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Well FWIW I need to log in just to see detailed order details.
If you go to apple.com without being logged in.. go to the little bag at the top right.. and click Orders, it lets you enter in an order number and email. You then get a cancel option on the same screen.

SharepointGuy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Rhode Island
Ok so basically I sent a pic to a not so close friend with my order number and email in a snapshot to confirm I was getting it next Friday. How can I prevent it so that my order isn't cancelled. I don't trust anyone lol
Let this be a learning lesson about sending confidential info to people who "may not be trustworthy". Why they just wouldn't take your word for it on when you were getting your phone has me :confused:

Reactions: Applejuiced

selianth

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I just cancelled my Apple preorder. I was able to view the order and click the "Cancel" button, but then it brought me to a login page. And then I tried to log in with a different AppleID than the one I had used to place the order, and it told me "this account does not have access to that order." Only when I logged in with the correct account did it allow me to go through with the cancellation process. So your "friend" will only be able to cancel/change your order if he also knows the login information for the account you used to order it.

entraik

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I just cancelled my Apple preorder. I was able to view the order and click the "Cancel" button, but then it brought me to a login page. And then I tried to log in with a different AppleID than the one I had used to place the order, and it told me "this account does not have access to that order." Only when I logged in with the correct account did it allow me to go through with the cancellation process. So your "friend" will only be able to cancel/change your order if he also knows the login information for the account you used to order it.

alright.. thanks! phew.. just wanted to make sure..
[doublepost=1509115673][/doublepost]
Let this be a learning lesson about sending confidential info to people who "may not be trustworthy". Why they just wouldn't take your word for it on when you were getting your phone has me :confused:
just got caught up in the excitement and didn't realize my email was in the pic. They thought i wouldn't be able to secure one by next week lol.