Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taisiya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
Can my Verizon iPhone 7 or SE work on the Sprint network?

Sprint's network became good in my town a couple of months ago because they installed three new towers in my town. According to my friends who have Sprint, the 4G speeds have been quite good. (usually around 10 to 15mbps)

Thanks!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Technically it has the cdma and lte bands available to be used on Sprints network and its unlocked.
Not sure Sprints policy on it when it comes to accepting non Sprint devices and activating them on their network.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Technically it has the cdma and lte bands available to be used on Sprints network and its unlocked.
Not sure Sprints policy on it when it comes to accepting non Sprint devices and activating them on their network.

You need to get a new sim card to work for that phone I believe. I went there a few months ago to aquire how to use a Google pixel XL phone that I have.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
willmyphonework is the site to look into whether your model will work, type your info and check.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Yes, your Sprint iPhone 7 and SE will work fine.

I bought an AT&T iPhone SE (same as Verizon model) early last year because that was the only model the Apple Store had at the time and paid full price so it came unlocked. It worked fine on Verizon and Sprint for me. The only thing you don't get is band 41, which is needed for the fastest speeds Sprint offers, but will otherwise provide the same coverage as a Sprint iPhone SE.

Now I have a Verizon iPhone 7 that I use on Verizon and Sprint. I swap SIM cards regularly. This is the exact same model Sprint offers, so it will work exactly the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.