Can new accounts use @mac.com?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Fozziebear40, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Fozziebear40 macrumors regular

Fozziebear40

Hi

I have used xxxx@mac.com for a while. My wife want a new email address and .mac (mobileme) account. She absolutely does not want to use an @me.com address. It is too social networking 'all about me' self centred and not professional at all.

Can new mobileme accounts use @mac.com like our old .mac accounts?

Cheers
    :( Who dreamt up @me.com?? I though I didn't like it, like all is Macheads, but my wife not liking it! Who did they market test this with? A group of kids?

2. Fozziebear40 thread starter macrumors regular

Fozziebear40

I have sort of had this confirmed on another forum :eek: Anyone 100%

My wife won't have this @me.com email address!

3. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

At the moment no she's going to just have @me.com

4. Fozziebear40 thread starter macrumors regular

Fozziebear40

Thanks for that. Although I have just tried and she can log on as xxxx@mac.com. :confused:

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

why not send her an email @mac.com. see if she gets it. then have her send it and see if she can change the from, and make it xxxxx@mac.com

6. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

I can't email myself @mac.com haven't checked the login. Old users who had @mac can though. I am a new user.

7. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. I reactivated an old dot mac account to use with MobileMe - I did never and would never use the @mac.com email address, but actually like the @me.com address and am using it. I am a bit of a Apple fan I suppose, but am not a kid... Anyway, I'm sure that Apple have paid for a lot of market research on this - sorry it doesn't help you with your wish for @mac.com though:eek:

8. Fozziebear40 thread starter macrumors regular

Fozziebear40

I have tried all the sending test emails. All the emails I send, whether @me or @mac.... go wwoooooooooshhhh to her from my mac, but only the @me get there. The @mac dont even send from the iPhone.

I will have to find my wife another email service :(