Can No Longer Connect To Xbox Live W/ Lion. Help!

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Hey guys I do a direct ethernet connection from my Xbox 360 to my iMac so that I can get on Xbox Live.

However, since downloading Lion my 360 says that I cannot connect to Xbox Live.

I didn't change any settings so Lion must've done something to my Network Settings that I'm unaware of.

Any ideas?

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Do you still have Internet Sharing active on your ethernet connection?

Is an IP address being assigned to the Xbox by the Mac?

I've had my Xbox go a little bit nuts if any network changes have occurred at all and the only way to fix was by doing the "Text Connection" thing on the Xbox.

Also, a cheap router might provide better functionality for your Xbox than sharing your internet connection from your Mac. Since you don't need wireless, you can get a wired router for under $20 if you look.

Comment

ConnorCG

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
Your iMac may be trying to share from AirPort -> Ethernet. You need to change this to Wi-Fi -> Ethernet.

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
thanks for the tip. for now I want to use the direct ethernet connection though.

I do "Test Connection" and the 360 won't even connect to the network.

the ethernet IP Address is different from the 360's IP Address, should they be the same?

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Your iMac may be trying to share from AirPort -> Ethernet. You need to change this to Wi-Fi -> Ethernet.

thanks! now on my Xbox it says that my current network config. may limit my online experience, any ideas on how to make it better?

Last edited:
Comment

tuna

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
I am having the same problem. Although I haven't tested it again since switching from Airport to Wi-Fi

Comment

leiferik

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
Oregon
At first I just set everything to automatic settings.. And now today it's not working again. It's sharing from wi-fi to ethernet and it says the Network is connected.. just not the Internet.

Comment

tuna

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
I'm still having the problem after changing the internet sharing setting from "Airport" to "Wifi".

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.