Can No Longer Connect To Xbox Live W/ Lion. Help!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by newyorksole, Jul 22, 2011.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Hey guys I do a direct ethernet connection from my Xbox 360 to my iMac so that I can get on Xbox Live.

However, since downloading Lion my 360 says that I cannot connect to Xbox Live.

I didn't change any settings so Lion must've done something to my Network Settings that I'm unaware of.

Any ideas?

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Do you still have Internet Sharing active on your ethernet connection?

Is an IP address being assigned to the Xbox by the Mac?

I've had my Xbox go a little bit nuts if any network changes have occurred at all and the only way to fix was by doing the "Text Connection" thing on the Xbox.

Also, a cheap router might provide better functionality for your Xbox than sharing your internet connection from your Mac. Since you don't need wireless, you can get a wired router for under $20 if you look.

3. ConnorCG macrumors member

Your iMac may be trying to share from AirPort -> Ethernet. You need to change this to Wi-Fi -> Ethernet.

[​IMG]

4. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks for the tip. for now I want to use the direct ethernet connection though.

I do "Test Connection" and the 360 won't even connect to the network.

the ethernet IP Address is different from the 360's IP Address, should they be the same?

5. newyorksole, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks! now on my Xbox it says that my current network config. may limit my online experience, any ideas on how to make it better?

6. tuna macrumors 6502

I am having the same problem. Although I haven't tested it again since switching from Airport to Wi-Fi

7. leiferik macrumors newbie

At first I just set everything to automatic settings.. And now today it's not working again. It's sharing from wi-fi to ethernet and it says the Network is connected.. just not the Internet.

8. tuna macrumors 6502

I'm still having the problem after changing the internet sharing setting from "Airport" to "Wifi".