ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Hi

I don't often ask my HomePod for the weather, but thought I would today but I get a response from siri saying "I cannot get your favourite weather location, sorry about that".

Last time I tried it worked, but that was on iOS 12.

Im now on the latest 13.2.1

I have tried rebooting the HomePod, resetting, turning off and on the location services tab in the HomePod settings in home app.

My iPhone works fine when I ask siri the same question.

*by the way if I ask siri on the HomePod "where am I" it gives me my location, so location services must be working.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
England
Does it work if you ask for other places or countries? Also I found with HomePod that occasionally I need to power it down for at least 30 seconds for it to fully restart. Might be worth that?

Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Does it work if you ask for other places or countries? Also I found with HomePod that occasionally I need to power it down for at least 30 seconds for it to fully restart. Might be worth that?

Will try that, I have rebooted but may try that again as well, I normally just power it off at the plug, is that the correct way of rebooting the HomePod?

Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016

I just tried this and I get the same message "i can't get your favourite weather locations", so that's weird.

Comment

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
England
I really don’t know what to say. Except maybe reset it back to factory settings?

And yes, as far as I know, powering it down from the mains is the way to restart it.

Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
I really don’t know what to say. Except maybe reset it back to factory settings?

And yes, as far as I know, powering it down from the mains is the way to restart it.

Not to worry, thanks for helping, I found that in homepod settings if you click reset there is an option to restart,
[automerge]1572604969[/automerge]
Is your location on?

yep

Reactions: StumpyBloke
Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Ok so it gives me my location when I ask "hey siri where am i"

Also when I reset and done the setup wizard and Siri asks to say things to test out its features I asked "whats the weather" and it worked and gave my locations weather.

Once setup was complete and went ahead and asked again and it gave the the message in my OP post, wtf!

It seems like a bug to me.

Comment

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
England
Certainly looks like it. I don’t think it will be too long before further updates are released. iOS 13.2 is so buggy and I’m sure HomePod 13.2 is as well.

Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
I posted this issue on apple support forums as well and someone else posted having the same issue since updating to iOS 13.2.1

Will have to see if the next update solves it.

Comment

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Certainly looks like it. I don’t think it will be too long before further updates are released. iOS 13.2 is so buggy and I’m sure HomePod 13.2 is as well.
FWIW, having the same issue on two HomePods

Fixed, someone on Apple support forums solved it for me and quite a few others that were having the issue.

The fix:

1. Use a device that has iOS 13.2 installed (iPhone or iPad). I used my iPad (which has iOS 13.2 installed).
  2. Open the Home app.
  3. Click on the Home icon in the top left corner.
  4. Under 'People', select yourself or the icon of the person having the problem.
  5. Under 'Siri', slide the 'Recognize My Voice' icon to 'off.'
  6. Click the 'Done' button in the Home app.
i can now get the weather:D . Something clearly up with the new voice recognition feature in 13.2, hopefully Apple will sort it in next update. but least its fixed, doubt I would use the voice recognition anyway feature anyway.

Comment

David Ashcraft

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2019
Hi

I don't often ask my HomePod for the weather, but thought I would today but I get a response from siri saying "I cannot get your favourite weather location, sorry about that".

Last time I tried it worked, but that was on iOS 12.

Im now on the latest 13.2.1

I have tried rebooting the HomePod, resetting, turning off and on the location services tab in the HomePod settings in home app.

My iPhone works fine when I ask siri the same question.

*by the way if I ask siri on the HomePod "where am I" it gives me my location, so location services must be working.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Open “Shortcuts” and delete any shortcuts that were created for weather. Once I delete my old shortcuts for weather off my iPhone, my HomePod started telling me the weather again.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.