Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
My wife updated her iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 9 and Siri worked fine up until today. Today if you ask Siri a question you can no longer hear her response. I went to settings and changed the language and it started working again. I changed it back to English and nothing. Any suggestions other than doing a reset?

I have voice feedback set to always and before someone ask "Yes" I have the volume turned up and the phone isn't muted or connected to any bluetooth device.

Dtrip

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
My wife updated her iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 9 and Siri worked fine up until today. Today if you ask Siri a question you can no longer hear her response. I went to settings and changed the language and it started working again. I changed it back to English and nothing. Any suggestions other than doing a reset?

I have voice feedback set to always and before someone ask "Yes" I have the volume turned up and the phone isn't muted or connected to any bluetooth device.

I have a similar problem when I change her "voice"/accent settings to anything other then "American". She provides no feedback in Australian or British. (running iOS9.1 PB2, but have had the problem since iOS9 PB)

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
Same phone, same iOS version, same issue here. Looking around, I've seen that Reset All Settings fixes the issue for some. If that didn't work, try backup + restore on iTunes.

None of these worked for me but it's worth a shot. I'm updating to 9.0.1 to see if a fix is present.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
siri has her own volume level that is separate from any other volume level on the iPhone

when siri speaks to you turn the volume up

if that doesn't help, then i don't know what to do besides go to the genius bar or call applecare

i updated to 9.0.1 and i couldn't hear siri on my iPad just now!! i rebooted! and it works now

Last edited:
Reactions: t0mat0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.