Can No Longer Hear Siri on iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHeartapple2, Sep 23, 2015.

1. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

My wife updated her iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 9 and Siri worked fine up until today. Today if you ask Siri a question you can no longer hear her response. I went to settings and changed the language and it started working again. I changed it back to English and nothing. Any suggestions other than doing a reset?

I have voice feedback set to always and before someone ask "Yes" I have the volume turned up and the phone isn't muted or connected to any bluetooth device.

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Settings >General >Siri, Voice Feedback - what's it on?

3. Dtrip macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem when I change her "voice"/accent settings to anything other then "American". She provides no feedback in Australian or British. (running iOS9.1 PB2, but have had the problem since iOS9 PB)

4. gewawd macrumors member

gewawd

Same phone, same iOS version, same issue here. Looking around, I've seen that Reset All Settings fixes the issue for some. If that didn't work, try backup + restore on iTunes.

None of these worked for me but it's worth a shot. I'm updating to 9.0.1 to see if a fix is present.

5. rigormortis, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

siri has her own volume level that is separate from any other volume level on the iPhone

when siri speaks to you turn the volume up

if that doesn't help, then i don't know what to do besides go to the genius bar or call applecare

i updated to 9.0.1 and i couldn't hear siri on my iPad just now!! i rebooted! and it works now