iPhone Can no longer manually sync music

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fifi77, Oct 24, 2013.

1. fifi77 macrumors regular

Forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place, but I couldn't see where else to post it.

I updated iTunes yesterday to the latest version and now I am unable to manually sync my music. I drag an album across to the iPhone and it just appears greyed out and never actually uploads to the phone.

I did a restore; that didn't help.

I reinstalled iTunes twice; that didn't help.

I unchecked the manually manage box and rechecked it; that didn't help.

I restarted the phone; that didn't help.

Anyone got any ideas of what else I can try?

In desperation, I turned iTunes Match back on after 18 months and thought I might use that, but tonnes of artwork is missing and, quite frankly, I can't be bothered with that after I've spent years sorting out all my artwork & tags etc.

2. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Code:

Maybe a different cable? With all of those steps it is quite odd that the device will not sync, have you made sure the device is synced with your computer, then tried to manually add music? Also if you are using an adapter try plugging the phone/iPod directly into the computer.

3. fifi77 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried 3 different Apple cables. Phone is definitely syncing with the computer (I can sync books, for example), I just can't manually sync music. And not using an adapter.

4. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

huh.. thats weird. Apple Store maybe? I have no idea why its doing this.

5. MPB11 macrumors regular

6. scatterbrain92 macrumors member

Having the same problem here, iOS 7.0.3 iPhone 5S with Mavericks and the latest versión of iTunes ... Anyone knows how to solve this issue?