Can not add my debit card to ApplePay.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by one028, Feb 5, 2015.

1. one028 macrumors newbie

I had this card verified and activated in apple pay before...actually 3 other times. I reset the iphone and now I cant add the debit card...other cards work fine, but not my debit card. It keeps saying "COULD NOT ADD CARD, TRY AGAIN LATER OR CONTACT YOUR CARD ISSUER FOR MORE INFORMATION"....I have contacted my bank, and apple and no one can fix it....My phone is jailbroken so I don't want to restore it.

2. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I've actually heard there was an issue with adding cards to Apple Pay with a jailbreak. Check out the jailbreak forum on this section, maybe they'd know a tweak to get around it.

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

JB could be an issue but I also remember something about an :apple:pay bug that messes things up after a restore.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, most likely the latter as the OP reset his iPhone. There doesn't seem to be a known fix but the OP can swap it out at the Apple Store.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All my cards work fine with Applepay on my JB 6 Plus.

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

My bank just got Apple Pay support today, and I'm getting this error. I hope it's fixed soon, maybe it's a first-day glitch.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

There is something about the idea of Jailbreaking and Apple pay that don't seem to go together. Either you want your phone to be secure or you don't. You can't have it both ways. I'll pass on that. :eek:

8. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Jailbreaking your phone permanently breaks Apple Pay. You didn't know that?

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's a different issue from what the OP is experiencing, which is a known Apple Pay bug (affecting a subset of iPhone 6/6+) that won't allow you to add back the cards you've successfully added in the past after a restore, logging out of iCloud or removing the passcode. Your issue is most likely a glitch within your bank.

----------

Stop spreading false information.