Can not connect to internet although have "green light"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ebaggsnyc, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ebaggsnyc macrumors newbie

So, here is the story:
    I am currently located in Germany and I was using a perfectly fine wireless connection that I am pretty sure is connected via PPPoE. As I said this wireless network was working perfectly fine. Then the socket for the surgeprotector that the DSL modem and router were plugged into became unplugged for approxiamtley 15 minutes.

Upon plugging the cord back into the socket, everything booted up and acted like normal. The wireless network reappeared in my airport menu bar. In my network status the light is green and says I am connected to the internet. I even did diagnostics and it says, "this computer appears to have a working internet connection". However, I can not get access to the web. I am using a sitecom wl-160 broadband 54g wireless router. I called my ISDN they could not help, called Sitecom and they could also not help.

Oh, obviously, the ethernet cable is working as that is where I am getting my current service from, but I do not understand why the wireless no longer works. Please help.

2. Lt. Nighthawk macrumors newbie

One thing I would try is to check on the location. Its located at :apple: Button at top left of screen > Location then try changing it.

It sometimes works for me.

Lt. Nighthawk