Can not copy and paste in Word Press!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mylitter, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Mylitter macrumors newbie

If this is in not in the right place I apologize in advance.

I am switching from blogger to Word Press and am frustrated in Word Press because I can not copy and paste. I can't do it with my command c and v or my mouse. I can highlight with the mouse but then can't paste it anywhere.

Occasionally I can copy a full paragraph and then try and paste it and only the first sentence will paste not the entire thing.

My designer is also on a mac and is not having any problems in my wordpress.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I've had problems copy and pasting in WP's WISIWYG editor as well (latest version of WP and Safari 5.0.1). In my case at least, if there was italics text in the chunk of text I copy, when I paste it I only get the italicized text, not any of the surrounding text. No italics and it copies fine. I'm not positive, but I don't remember having this issue until just a week or two ago, so it might be that a Safari or WP update broke something. Or maybe I just never noticed.

Two things to try, just to narrow it down for yourself: Switch to HTML view of your post and see if you can copy/paste there, to check if it has something to do with the WISIWYG editor, and try downloading Firefox to test with, to see if you also see the issue in that browser (or if you're already using Firefox, try it with Safari).