Can not empty trash.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NJohnston, Apr 13, 2011.

1. NJohnston macrumors newbie

I have a new Macbook Pro and i downloaded an emulator called sixtyforce. I realized that I don't enjoy it at all so I went to uninstall it and to my knowledge it was gone, it didn't show up in any searches. However, when i try to empty my trash, everything deletes except for sixtyforce. An error pops up saying

"This operation can't be completed because "sixtyforce" is in use."

I have looked everywhere and heard some things about entering certain commands but im not sure what to enter.

Any help?

Nick

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

You can try to kill it in Activity Monitor if it is actually running and then empty trash. If that doesn't work, then usually restarting the MBP will stop the process and since it is not running then you can empty the trash after restart.

4. NJohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

I already restarted it and as soon as it got to my desktop i tried emptying my trash. Somehow the program was already in use. When I go on Acitivity Monitor there is nothing called "sixtyforce" running, even when I select "All Processes" in the drop tab.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Go to System Preferences and see if it installed itself there. Did it come withan unistaller, if so use that? If you see no reference to it in the system preferences then go to the accounts setting within and when it shows the accounts select your user ID and then check under the Login Items Tab on the right side and click it and see if there is a start up item related to it. If so remove it there and restart and try to empty trash again.

6. NJohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing in System Preferences.

Also nothing under login items.

7. NJohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out. All i had to do was "Secure Empty Trash". It emptied my trash can and took sixtyforce with it. Hope that permanantely deleted it.

Thanks everyone.