Can not find the file downloaded by Vienna, The Free RSS Reader for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amirrezai, Aug 5, 2011.

1. amirrezai macrumors newbie

I have downloaded a .xar file which was attached to an RSS feed, using Vienna. The file size is about 600 MB and it is too important for me.

Vienna has a download window (like Safari and Firefox), although it does not show a progress bar or estimated time while downloading. I can see the name of the file and i am sure that it is downloaded completely. When I right-click on the file name, there are "Open" and "Show in finder" commands in the context menu. But none of the works.

So, I am not able to find the downloaded file in my mac.

Please help me find that. Any help will be appreciated:)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can simply use Finder to search for any .xar file over 500MB and under 700MB that was created or modified in the time frame you downloaded it. If you have the file name, you can simply search for that.

3. amirrezai thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done this. But it didn't work. May be the file is hidden, I don't know.

Does searching in the Mac file system, look for the hidden and system files by default, or not?

It is interesting that the free space on my hard drive is reduced, but the file can not be located!

What do you think about that?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can search for hidden and system files by adding that criteria. As a reference, look at the image in this post:

5. amirrezai thread starter macrumors newbie

Another strange thing!!!!

First of all, I am still not able to find the location of that file.

I decided to start a new download using Vienna, actually, XCode developers library, which is about 120 MB. As I started the download process, a new file appears on my desktop!!! Meaning that XCode developers library is downloading on my desktop.

But why the same thing didn't happen when I downloaded Mac OS X 10.6 Core Library????

I tried to check the Vienna Preferences for the default location of downloading, but the preferences window does not open at all....

6. amirrezai thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I tried other RSS reader softwares before Vienna, but none of them was able to download the attached file which I was looking for.

Now, I think I must download the 600 MB file again...