Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnrgarland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Greenbackville, VA
About every 20th time I cannot get email to quit. I have to force quit to get the mail program to close. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong ? 10.8.2 is the operating system using on a new iMac.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
About every 20th time I cannot get email to quit. I have to force quit to get the mail program to close. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong ? 10.8.2 is the operating system using on a new iMac.

Restart in Safe Mode, this will clear some caches. Then restart normally and re-test. If that doesn't work ensure Mail is off and then navigate to:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist and move the file to the desktop. Then restart Mail and test.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

You also might try rebuilding the mailbox by clicking on each mail folder then the Mailbox menu and click Rebuild.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.