Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tantagda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Hi!

I bought Mountain Lion from app store, got the code to get it and I can see it in the list of things that I bought on app store. When I click download nothing happens at all. I also bought TextWrangler and also that app in in the list but when I click install, nothing happens.

Does anyone know of this problem? I've never bought or downloaded apps before.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Both TextWrangler, and your Mountain Lion install will appear in your Applications folder - but not until the install is complete.
So, maybe you are not waiting long enough.
If you click on the Mountain Lion app, nothing apparent will happen until the app finishes downloading. Depending on your download speed, that might take an hour or so. The installer will launch automatically when completely downloaded.
Other apps, will be much the same, but being smaller will take a shorted time. The only response that you will notice is that the Launchpad should flash briefly, showing that the install is complete.
I "think", if you quit the App Store before the download finishes, it will pause the download. You can also look in the Launchpad to look for your downloaded apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.