Can not load certain webpages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by solamnus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. solamnus macrumors newbie

Hey! A new owner of a macbook pro retina laptop. Very happy with it to begin with. I work on it mainly with creative stuff but occasionally want to be able to surf of course. I have some type of problem in safari though while i go to certain web pages. It loads up half the page or just the top and stays there. Very frustrating and something you don't want with something this expensive to start off with:(
    I have searched Google and it suggested copying a text into the terminal to prevent prefetching or something to do with DNS( Im a novice when it comes to computer problems!) but that did not seem to do anything.
    Im sure this must be a common problem but how do i solve it?
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    /Sol.

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried Chrome, Opera or Firefox and the same websites to see if it is a Safari or OS problem?

3. solamnus thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, quick answer! No i have not actually. What browser do you recommend for mac? Im using opera on my other laptop which seems to work fine.
    /sol.

4. simsaladimbamba

I am partial to Opera due to me using it a decade ago, but I am not really comfortable with the Mac OS X version yet.
    Try Chrome, it is quite fast.

And to be honest, I have all browsers I mentioned installed on my system, in case something like this happens or for various other reasons of foolery.

5. solamnus thread starter macrumors newbie

haha ok, i get your point. Better be ready and prepared in the future. Im starting with Chrome then to see if the problem persists. I just find it so weird though that you cannot access some pretty big web pages on a new machine. I guess i expect too much in this day and age;)
    Cheers sol.

6. simsaladimbamba

Tell us what websites those are and maybe we can help you further? Maybe those websites use Adobe Flash, which is not installed on new Macs anymore. Chrome has a built in Flash player for such events.
    Or you install Adobe Flash yourself from this site only.

7. solamnus thread starter macrumors newbie

So far so good! First webpage loads perfectly! Lets hope it stays that way hehe.:)

----------

Yes one example is mmafighting.com
    And actually i could not even open youtube properly.