Can not open video sent from Windows.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 420benz, Aug 8, 2012.

1. 420benz, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

420benz macrumors 6502

420benz

I had to download Iskysoft Video Converter to open a video sent from Windows.
    Tried to attach the video,but it didn't work.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What format is the video? You shouldn't have to convert it.

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you change your thread title to something more descriptive. To do so, click the "Edit" button on your original post, then click "Go Advanced" and you will see where to edit the thread title.

3. simsaladimbamba

In order to find out, what may be wrong with your video, you can use the following three applications to analyse the video file.
    When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
    attachable to your next post via the [​IMG] button.
    In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.

If it is a WMV file, either use VLC Player or Movist or install Flip4Mac to play that file in QT Player.

4. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

when i tried to open it a drop down menu said that QT needed more media.

5. JootecFromMars macrumors member

6. simsaladimbamba

With what exactly did you try to open it? Did you try VLC Player or Movist, as recommended before? Does VideoSpec not open the file you got? If all of the above does not work, as the above steps are a way to verify what your actual problem is and in order to help you, they should have been at least tried once, select the file in Finder, press CMD+I to open the Get Info window, expand the General and More Info sections there and make a screenshot and attach it to your next post.

Or is that not possible?

7. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

Worked great on my Mac .tried it on my iPad NG.