Can not stand these commercials

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bigaudiofanatic, Apr 17, 2009.

1. bigaudiofanatic macrumors regular

So I have seen these new "windows" commercials were they find a laptop fro under 1000 dollars. And they both bust on the macs for either being a toy or not having enough power. I want to jump into that commercial and tell them how wrong they are. I absolutely want to scream. :mad: I wish people would know the real truth. Just wanted to share my opinion. MACS RULE!!!!!:apple::apple:

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've seen a couple of those, and the people in the commercials are knocking Macs primarily because of price. I get the sense that that's Microsoft's entire purpose.

Look at it this way - they wouldn't bother if they didn't think Apple was a threat.

3. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

True I have to agree there but I am wondering were are macs commercials. I haven't seen one sense Christmas.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm not a huge fan of these commercials, either, but I find that they portray their ideas more effectively than Apple's commercials, which I also find to be over-exaggerated and rude. Microsoft point is clear and quite valid, two qualities which I don't see from the other side. I think that their response is justified after dealing with Apple's campaign crap over the last few years. As long as Microsoft doesn't push this ad campaign too far, I think that it will be a winner.

I'm not a huge fan of television all considered.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They've gone away from the Get a Mac series for a while, focusing on the 17" from what I've seen.

6. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like mac is coming out with some new ones FINALLY. Also rumor that there coming out with a 500 dollar laptop that would KILL windows.

7. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

+1

Apple's commercials are cheap. Price is a big part right now. People are going to pick the $1000 laptop that is just as fast and big as the $1500-$2000 mac laptop.

The solid aluminum frame isn't helping cost thats for sure.

8. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Any evidence to back that up? I don't think any serious Mac users want to see Apple come out with anything less than par. I seriously do not care that there are thousands of people who do buy a computer because of its price and not focusing on the specs or doing real comparisons between a Mac notebook and a PC notebook.

I could see Apple coming up with a system in the $799 price range MAYBE but it won't kill Windows or the PC market share and frankly I don't care if it does or not because Apple is alive and well.

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I think the difference in commercial styles is telling. Microsoft is focused mainly on price and the ads are shot in a straight forward documentary like style. Apple's ads are full of creativity with characterization, humor, analogy, and information. Apple definitely wins in the area of market branding due to the characters they have created. The Mac and PC actors have become recognizable for those roles even by people who are not tech savvy. The only consistent thing that sticks out in my mind from the PC ads is that they are always at Best Buy.

10. veterator macrumors member

veterator

I like the Mac commercials! I don't really want a computer from Wal Mart. You do get what you pay for. I like having a computer that feels like it is built to last. :)

11. gibbz macrumors 68030

Simply, not going to happen if you listen to Steve Jobs.

12. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

The ones that pisses me off most is the one with the little kids editing photos. I don't even know how to do that.:mad:

13. amd4me macrumors 6502

mmmmmm fiction.

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Same could be said about the Mac commercials. many of the things they list or claim is pretty exaggerated and in some ways complete BS as well.

15. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

I still say that I am sticking with mac BUT my powerbook g4 is on its very last legs and I need something for school and unless I get a rely nice scholarship I am going to have to buy a PC. BUT as soon as my bills are paid off I will be going to the apple store and getting my new macbook. But ya the commercials about PC are basicly calling mac out on there prices and yes I will still pay more for a laptop that can stick with the rest of the crowed 3 years later from the purchase date.