Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VETTE277

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
ATT Rep on the phone told me when I go to activate my iPhone 4S that I ordered on a new line I created I would not be able to swap in my iPhone 4 sim from my current account. She said I'd need to bring it to an ATT store so they can update the new sim to my current line. She said they had a memo from apple released that said old Iphone 4 Sims couldn't be used in the 4S.

Uhh.....anyone else hear this ?

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
ATT Rep on the phone told me when I go to activate my iPhone 4S that I ordered on a new line I created I would not be able to swap in my iPhone 4 sim from my current account. She said I'd need to bring it to an ATT store so they can update the new sim to my current line. She said they had a memo from apple released that said old Iphone 4 Sims couldn't be used in the 4S.

Uhh.....anyone else hear this ?

yeah iv heard it since the day iv been born from various people i think they call it BS lol whack it in and stop worrying

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
What I'm doing, which is fine with me, is ordering the upgrade on my mom's line because she's eligible and I'm not because I have the 4. When it comes in, we'll activate it, then I'll try to switch the SIM cards even though an AT&T rep told me it wouldn't work. Then again, on another call one told me it would work so who knows. If it doesn't, we'll just simply go into AT&T, buy 2 new SIM cards for .01 each, and be on our way. Easy.

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Sounds like it'll work 50/50...lol Hopefully it works for you! :p

Haha, it'll either work or it won't. It just depends on if the SIM cards are the same, which again, 1 rep told me they are, another one said they're different. I'm betting they're the same, but who knows.

phaggard

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
It will most likely workout They tell you that you need to come in so the can change the IMEI for the correct phone on you account.

Just try to do it and if it doesn't work I would try calling durst and see if they can switch them for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.