Can one filter SMS notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Colors6, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Colors6 macrumors member

Just wanted to know if one can filter SMS notifications using Do not Disturb functionality?

I want to be able to only get SMS notifications from my *contacts* like phone calls.

Is this possible in iOS 6?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

It doesn't really filter anything. I mean you still get notifications, the screen just doesn't come up and a noise isn't made. You can only choose Favorites or whatever for phone calls. There's no menu for texts.

3. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

I know that.

I just wanted to be able to *not* get notifications from people not in my contacts list.

Weird this option is not there for SMS when it is available for phone calls.

This sucks as I will have to continue to jailbreak my phone because of this. :(

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

How can I do this with phone calls? I always get random telemarketing calls :(

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

He's talking about the do not disturb feature. When it's turned on, you can choose to receive calls from no one, everyone, or people on your favorites list.

6. Colors6 thread starter macrumors member

I guess I can disable notifications for the iMessages app.

I'm assuming this will stop the SMS notifications as well.

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

As far as filtering messages from specific contacts, no you can't. Do Not Disturb will block all notifications and allow certain callers to get through based on your choices.