Can only send photos in iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jacknollie, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Jacknollie macrumors newbie

For the past week I cannot send photos as a mms to any of my contacts. I was able to get a photo to go through iMessage to a couple of iPhone friends, but can't get anything out to anyone else; my phone tries, and then I get the red exclamation point and "message send failure". I can't figure out if it's my phone, my carrier or apple.

I'm using an iPhone 4s, latest iOS, on Verizon.

Thanks!

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

Is the MMS switch ON on the device settings app (into 'Messages') ?
    Also note that MMS requires a data connection while regular SMS will work with just the cellular signal.

3. Jacknollie thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked that I had MMS turned on a few days ago, just in case I accidentally turned it off - nope, it was still on. And yes, I have a data connection as well.

4. christyn.case macrumors newbie

Cellular

Im 13. And I just bought and iPhone 4s and updated it to iOx6. I turned off my cellular connection so I dont use up mb... I turned it back on and now I can send pictures to anyone:rolleyes:

5. Jacknollie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah...it wasn't that simple for me. Turns out an app called Onavo was causing my inability to send MMS messages. The app is gone and I'm in business.