Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jessearl

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Is there a way to port/transfer the Pages templates to Word so that I can use them there and so that other users of Word can have access to them?

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Hmm, I read a review of Pages that said that the export to Word function worked flawlessly. Is this not the case? Note: I haven't tried it myself, I was just hoping that you knew from experience. :confused:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
yoda13 said:
Hmm, I read a review of Pages that said that the export to Word function worked flawlessly. Is this not the case? Note: I haven't tried it myself, I was just hoping that you knew from experience. :confused:
Exporting templates and documents are two very different operations. Apple has said documents will work. They said nothing about templates.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Bear said:
Exporting templates and documents are two very different operations. Apple has said documents will work. They said nothing about templates.

Exactly, I'm using Pages for my word proccessing work to test it out and my documents have come out working in Word and looking pretty much the same

The thing with templates is that they were designed for Pages so Pages has a feature or two that the templates need to show it properly

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I just tried it. Exported "Redwoods" template to "documents". Opened Word and opened "other">documents>exported template. It displays differently, but with font adjustments, seems to be functional.
X

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Thanks for the replies guys. I just want to be able to export documents such as typed reports and whatnot. Looks like I should be able to do that fine. Thanks again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.