Can Photoshop 5.5 be installed on MacMini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by John Hopper, Jul 16, 2010.

1. John Hopper macrumors newbie

I'm perfectly content with Photoshop 5.5 upon my old Mac: the big blue plastic unit with the blue apples on the sides, but CD burners kept frying. I've purchased a MacMini with a built-in CD burner to resolve this problem, but don't know if this MacMini will take 5.5 or if I have to upgrade. Also: will a photoshop upgrade 'recognize' the layers created in 5.5? If so, which upgrade will 'recognize' this work created in 5.5.? Thanks for any help.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Most probably not, as PS 5.5 was for System 7.5+ as far as I can remember, thus it will not run on Mac OS X, especially on Intel machines, as Classic has been removed. Look at eBay or Craigslist for older PS C3+ versions, to be able to run them on an Intel Mac.

3. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

I agree with spinnerlys on the install of 5.5. I will add i would be confident your layers would be fine into a newer version. Possibly some text formatting issues, but that is just a possibility.

4. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

If your Mac is a G4 Mac and you're still running Tiger you'd might be in luck. It possibly could run in the Classic environment. This was removed in Leopard (guys help me out here??) I think. But running an app in Classic over OS X is just plain nasty ;0)

Upgrade already :D

pac