can play mov files in mac but not in windows 7 w/ quicktime

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Chammer2, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Chammer2 macrumors newbie

I can play .mov files h.264 codec in quicktime in mac but cannot play in windows version of quicktime.

I transferred files from mac to windows 7 thru parallels 5.0.

I called apple (which they were looking thru this forum to find answer)

I called canon (raw files from camera's 7D, vixia hfs10, xha1, they told me to download windows 7 essential codec package from cnet.com and microsoft live movie maker...have no idea why these would matter)

I have a client who wants the raw video but there external hdd is a seagate free agent Go formatted NTFS. I already had windows 7 so I thought to install parallels to make transferring files to windows environment simple(cannot transfer files from mac to a ntfs formatted hard drive....just read)

I already uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled, retransferred files, reformatted external hard drive....nothing changed.

Anyone have suggestions????

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

While I can't help with the video problem (sorry), I just wanted to point out while there is currently no default native support for NTFS read/write, there are resources like NTFS-3G that will allow you to read and write NTFS drives from the Mac.

There is also a guide to enabling native NTFS read/write in Snow Leopard.