Can purchased apps be shared among iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ann713, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ann713 macrumors 6502a

For instance if I've already bought some applications for my mother's iPod Touch, can they be shared with another iPod? I'm planning to buy one (another Touch) for myself soon. Will I have to repurchase?

2. sweetwater macrumors newbie

You could sync the apps from iTunes onto your Touch. :)

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

To the best of my knowledge as long as the new Touch is linked\synced to the same iTunes account that the apps were purchased from then it should not be a problem.

If you create a new iTunes account then the apps will need to be repurchased.

4. ann713 thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

The apps are dedicated to an iTunes account, not a particular computer or iPod. They'll run on any capable iPod that's synced to any computer that's authorized on the account. You can authorize up to 5 computers on an account, and I think you can sync an unlimited number of iPods with a given computer. If both your iPods will be synced with the same computer you'll have no problem, and if they're synced to different computers that are both on the same account you'll just need to get the apps on the second computer. You may be able to copy them, or once the other computer is authorized on the account you should be able to redownload them for free from the ITMS.