Can really use your opinions

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

Mikes2pads macrumors regular

What is the best setting in "fetch" mail to use the least power?
    I would think setting it to Manually would use the least amount of power instead of being set on a time interval. Thanks

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

I'm not entirely sure what your first question is, but generally, having your mail set to fetch rather than push will be better for your battery in terms of saving power, although the difference won't be enormous.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Stop worrying about power consumption and enjoy using your iPad.

4. Mikes2pads, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks and ok , will do ashwood never really thought of that.
    With a bunch of 350 and 400+ MB apps always being turned off and on I prefer to conserve as much juice as I can, where ever I can.
    Conserving power is involved in any expensive aspects of my life. It's a way of life. Plenty of extra fun time comes from extended power availability.
    I was really only looking to find out what setting of fetch. In the mail settings uses more power. Manually or set on a timed interval. The apps are a misunderstanding or should I say a mistake in my question.

5. deeddawg macrumors 603

What are you doing where you need to be concerned with power usage? Other than of hours of gaming or videos, it seems most folks rarely run down the iPad battery before plugging in at bedtime.

I have no idea what you mean by turning off and turning on apps, nor what relevance the storage space needed has with power consumption.

6. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Leaving the app "open" doesn't mean (for the vast majority of apps) that it's still running or active. Therefore, it won't (usually) be drawing any extra power from the iPad. Also, the size of the app will not be a major determinant in how much power it draws.

7. Mikes2pads, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thank you TheAppleSource

I thought running certain apps uses more battery . I just meant that I compare them when running to when off and don't see the drain. Actually I was just wondering if fetching the mail uses more battery when done automatically or when set on a time interval when large amounts of email is constantly coming inbound.

8. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

--------------------------------
    You said it , " other than hours of gaming or videos " Which I do not do.
    I really did not need to bring apps into the question. It was the fetch setting I read something about that was not clear to me but thanks for your reply , I think.
    Being apps were spoken of I imagine an app that uses 400 MB in space does not automatically use more power than an app that takes up 55 MB's .
    Sorry for the confusion. I was half asleep when I wrote it.