Can Rock App exisit with Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rendez2k, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

I've noticed more apps now appear to get released on via the Rock app such as the new update to 3G Unrestrictor. Can both Rock apps and Cydia exist together?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

They can, but I would recommend against installing both when you jailbreak. Install Cydia at jailbreak and then use Cydia to install Rock.

3. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Is there a reason why they are doing this?

did they developers had a fight with the Cydia guy or what?

I'm already having a hard time keeping up with profiles on the internet and now they do this....

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I imagine they like the terms of the Rock store better? Rock was designed as a store, has a full desktop-based web store and a desktop client, allows timed previews, provides a backup feature, etc. It was designed first and foremost as a store, whereas Cydia was designed as a package manager with a store added on to it.

I don't care for Rock myself, but I don't think it's a huge problem if certain developers want to go that way.

5. aleni macrumors 68020

i installed sbsettings through cydia, and installed rock and bought MyWi to enable tethering on my 3gs.

it works for couple days, now when i restart my iphone, rock tells me there is a conflict and showing up a button to "disable all extensions" (mywi and sbsettings are being disabled if i click it).

now i can't use both programs which sucks and there is no one experiencing this since i posted a topic here and no one seems to reply. :(:(

6. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I suggest you reinstall everything. Reinstall SBsettings, Mywi and even mobile substrate. Then give it a go :)

7. aleni macrumors 68020

8. canuhandlethis8 macrumors member

I totally removed Mobile Substrate in safe mode, HARD REBOOT and reinstall Mobile Substrate and all my problems flew out the door!

9. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

If everything is working fine for days and you get that message on reboot, just choose the other option which ignores and sends a report to RYP.