Can Safari Do This?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jburns, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jburns macrumors regular

I like having all my many bookmarks in a sidebar down the left side of the screen so I can access them with one click. I can't seem to find a way to set this up in Safari. Can anyone help?

2. Jessy macrumors regular

Wow. It is really horrible that it can't do that. I had never tried before. I just organize everything into folders which can be clicked on from the bookmarks bar. The fastest way I know of to work in Safari is to hit Command-T to bring up a new empty tab, then type in a couple letters from one of your bookmarks until it gets recognized, and then hit enter.

3. jburns thread starter macrumors regular

Not exactly one click is it. :( This is the one thing keeping me from totally switching to Safari. Anyone found a workaround?

4. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Safari Stand has a feature like this
    http://hetima.com/safari/stand-e.html

5. jburns thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that seems to be a very useful add-on but although it can create a sidebar it only allows tabs to be placed there. At least that's all I've been able to do. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

6. a cat *miaow* macrumors regular

just use firefox? if you don't like the way safari works then use something else..

7. jburns thread starter macrumors regular

That's helpful. What is the purpose of this forum in your mind? If you can't be helpful then be silent.

8. a cat *miaow* macrumors regular

because your question didn't make sense?
    There's a whole load of browsers you can use, so use the one with the features you like/want. In this case there's already a very good application that provides you with what you desire.. makes sense to me..

9. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

Its 2 windows, but if you dont want to deal with firefox thisll suffice.
    Safari stand by the way...

Attached Files:

10. jburns thread starter macrumors regular

Look, if my question didn't make sense to you why did you answer it? FYI I use Firefox but am trying to adapt to Safari because of its tighter integration into the operating system. If that doesn't make sense to you that's your problem. Now go troll someone else.

11. jburns thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks that's a possible solution. Firefox has been becoming unresponsive for 5 or 10 minutes at a time on my 24" iMac. I can't seem to isolate the problem so I am looking to Safari as a possible solution.