Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
When I have asked Siri something I'd like to tell her to go back to the watchface? Is there such a command?

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Did this really work? So if you ask about the weather and Siri show it to you, you can then say "Hi Siri, nevermind" and you get back to the watchface? If so I just have to find that Word for the Swedish Siri.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Cool to know there's a Siri command for that but this is only really useful if you set your watch to go to your "last used app" instead of the clock face, right?

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I had my iPad plugged in at work the other day and the guy in the next cubicle was talking on the phone to a client. At some point he said "hey, seriously..." and lo and behold, Siri woke up and starting typing out his conversation.

I do wonder how many fake calls to Siri will happen with the apple watches as we move about the world and run into other people..."Excuse me, can I squeeze by"? "Hey seriously, what are you carrying a 50 gallon tub of popcorn for?"....

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Cool to know there's a Siri command for that but this is only really useful if you set your watch to go to your "last used app" instead of the clock face, right?

Or if you have asked about the weather and want to go back to the watchface. I tried to turn my hand so it goes dark and then back again but Siri is still here.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Or if you have asked about the weather and want to go back to the watchface. I tried to turn my hand so it goes dark and then back again but Siri is still here.
It takes like 20 sec to revert to the clock face when down so unless you wanted to keep using the watch, it wouldn't be a problem. If you still wanted to use the watch, then you'd need your other hand at some point. If you were gonna rely on Siri for the next task, you could just use "Hey Siri" and summon the task, no?

I know it's not terribly important, I'm just trying to understand :p

P.S. By the way, you can return to the watch face from any app by covering the screen with your hand. It will default to the workout or maps app if you're actively using those.

I had my iPad plugged in at work the other day and the guy in the next cubicle was talking on the phone to a client. At some point he said "hey, seriously..." and lo and behold, Siri woke up and starting typing out his conversation.

I do wonder how many fake calls to Siri will happen with the apple watches as we move about the world and run into other people..."Excuse me, can I squeeze by"? "Hey seriously, what are you carrying a 50 gallon tub of popcorn for?"....
It's only activated when the face is on, so it's probably not gonna be that much of an issue. The bigger issue is when your phone/iPad is charging like you mentioned. I ended up disabling it on my iPad so at most I only have to hear one device go off.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
It takes like 20 sec to revert to the clock face when down so unless you wanted to keep using the watch, it wouldn't be a problem. If you still wanted to use the watch, then you'd need your other hand at some point. If you were gonna rely on Siri for the next task, you could just use "Hey Siri" and summon the task, no?

This about the 20 sec I didn't know. Good tip.

P.S. By the way, you can return to the watch face from any app by covering the screen with your hand. It will default to the workout or maps app if you're actively using those.

This works with apps but not if you ask Siri about the weather. Then her answer will still be there when you Wake the Clock up again...if not more than 20 sec has passed.

Reactions: HopefulHumanist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.