Can Siri talk back to you to review a text?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Hustler, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

When you compose a text, or get a new one for that matter, can you ask her, 'Siri read new text' or 'review' a composed text to have her speak it back to you on the watch speaker?

2. ninjadex macrumors 6502

Not on the Watch itself. Only via handoff to the iPhone.

3. rabbitgtdguy macrumors member

It would be neat for this to be provided down the road or if a text could be "sent" as it works with CarPlay. I am missing that a bit in some situations just in the last 24hrs. Love how it works with CarPlay in my truck.

Joe

4. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Yep, that's something that should be on the wishlist for future software updates - being aware of being in the car (the iPhone should be aware) and pairing of the watch with your car's hands free. You would still want as much as possible using the iPhone's bluetooth though (presuming it's plugged in to charge).

5. rabbitgtdguy macrumors member

Correct, phone is plugged in, conserving power (since Pioneer hasn't and most likely won't/can't support the new wireless CarPlay functions).

Its still super slick...so Siri's voice at times would be nice and I'd like to not have to hit "send" in those situations.

Joe

6. Hustler thread starter macrumors 6502

Hustler

I don't get why they don't have it set up that way to be able to have Siri communicate with you verbally through the watch. It would make things safer!