Can skins protect from cracks in a fall?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Mar 8, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I JUST got my new iphone 3G. Upgraded from a 2G finally and i love it, but i am SOOO concerned about cracking the back!!! I was wondering if having a GOOD skin on it would be enough.

Now, i have never flung the phone across the street, but i have had it drop out of my hoodie pocket on occasion.

So i wasn HOPING there was a way to get away without a case. I am TOTALLY ok with a skin though.. are there skins that are a little thickers or tougher than the other?? I know the front screen protector that i want (the mirror one from switch easy) but i dont know about the back skin.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I don't think there's too many things that can protect a screen from a fall. I've got IS on my 3G iPhone and an Incipio Feather Case, and the War Department has IS and a Griffin Leather Case which is probably the best protection for her iPhone since it is well padded and has a nice snug fit...:)

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, i know it wont COMPLETELY save it.. i guess i should rephrase and ask WHAT IS THE TOUGHEST SKIN OUT THERE?? are some thicker material that others??

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

anyone know of one skin that is just a little thicker than the others??

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

AFAIK they make skins as thinner as they could, not thicker, that's why you're not yielding any replies from here.

6. dealsniper macrumors newbie

maybe a thin silicone case, or some hard case can help you..:)

7. skyoong macrumors newbie

I'm finding a good quality case for my iphone 3G, does anyone has good recommendation?

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, if I wanted a hard case, i dont think i would be asking about skins, thanks anyway.. and silicon.. ugh. No thanks..

I am just SOO in love with the way it feels in my hand. I had the 2G iphone and i LOVED it, but then i got this one and it feels AWESOME.. and i thought it was going to feel like a toy.

Anyways. i want to keep that feel.