Can some site me where/if Apple recommends testing Apps on iOS 5.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by caribou123, Sep 19, 2011.

1. caribou123 macrumors member

I assume that Apps are recommended to be tested under 5.0 before the roll out of that upgrade.

Is there an official statement from Apple somewhere or a developer guideline etc that says all apps should be tested on the new OS before it goes live?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Join the IOS Developer program and you will find that info.

3. caribou123 thread starter macrumors member

I am not a developer nor want to be one or sign up for an account. This came up in a business discussion. This is a basic fundamental question, not techincal

4. firewood macrumors 604

Most of the developer info on iOS 5 is still under NDA.

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

Aside from adapting new features, the whole point of any beta platform release is to allow developers to test their existing software to make sure nothing is broken on either end.

6. ViviUO macrumors 6502

You should always test new apps on a new os, as well as older but still supported apps.

No guidelines are needed, since this is dangerously close to common sense. :)

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Yew, Apple has recommended that developers test their apps under iOS 5, however specific communications between Apple and the development community are not made public.

If you have a specific business concern and would like a candid answer feel free to PM me.

-t

8. sundialsoft macrumors newbie

sundialsoft