Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobodyhome

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I'm thinking os buying Tweetbot, but don't want to buy only to find it doesn't have what I'm looking for. Read a ton of reviews, but still some lingering questions. Can somebody run some test or answer my questions?
  • If I send a link to ReadItLater from double tapping after bringing up quick menu options or from a tweet's view will the tweet’s text be used as the bookmarked link’s title?

Example: I'd prefer to see the bottom example rather than the top, but may reconsider depended on other factors...

Also, is there ReadItLater support when in the browser?

• Retweet options? For example: RT @username Tweet text blah, blah, blah… or Tweet text blah, blah, blah…, /via @username

• Unread marking system? Mark tweets as read while scrolling or unread counter of some sort? Can’t seem to find a definitive answer about this one. Video would be awesome.

• If there is an unread marking system, does scrolling to the top mark everything as read or does it mark while scrolling?

• Image thumbnails not necessarily from within the timeline? In tweet view? Not at all?

I might add more questions as I try to watch more video and read more reviews, but these are the questions I have so far from what I’ve read.

Any help is highly appreciated!! Thank you!!!!!

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
1, If you save a link to readitlater from the timeline it will save the link like the top one in the image but read it later is supported within the browser in which it will then save the link like the bottom one in the picture.

2, Never used the retweet button but when pressed it says retweet to followers or quote tweet. Also in the settings there is an option for quote format which are standard quote, rt with comment and via @user.

3,4, no unread marking system

5 No image thumbnails in timeline but they are in tweetview

Hope that helps. Also recent additions to the app they added the ability to mute people and hashtags plus sync tweets with tweetmarker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.